79 monte carlo wiper switch wiring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguyext

n00b
Oct 16, 2015
Nebraska
Hey all. My first post here. Hopefully somebody in the community can get me going in the right direction. Anyway i removed the dash to fix the dim lights. Found a video that made it a wslk in the park. My wipers were spratic at best, then quit working altogether. When I was taking out the wiper delay switch i unplugged the plug on back and the pigtail that comes out of the back of the switch that goes into the dash just pulled free. Ive spent numerous hours researching, but to my dismay nothing. I asked my ase certified mechanic stepdad and he can't tell me exactly where it goes. SO, can anyone help me find out where the pigtail goes? So any help will be great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-15-14-42-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-15-14-42-46.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 413
  • 20151015_150206.jpg
    20151015_150206.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 933

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I'm pretty sure I've got a 79 dash harness in my storage locker I could have a look but won't be able to until the weekend.

Last edited:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I was thinking more on this and if I'm not mistaken the 78/79 delay wiper harness was separate from the main harness? I'm sure I was told this at one time, and maybe did verify it on my 79 Royal Knight El Camino. What you could do is check under the hood and follow the wires from the wiper motor to the firewall, then see where they come into the car under the dash...chances are the plug will be there somewhere.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think it's from the light switch....this diagram of it has the white, orange and green wire

LightSwitch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor