Fast Power Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Here is a Wiring scheme that should work... one in each door

this diagram is the same way I wired mine, the red wires going to 87A got me confused until I noticed they were attached to the ground

power-window-door-wiring-jpg.67777

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I narrowed down the problem of the module putting the windows up when I hit the remote door locks. The module is designed to shut down with the resistance when the window hits it's stops. It seems the module does not like the relay and shuts down so I'm going to try a relay with less resistance and see what that does and maybe add a capacitor. ......if any of you have any ideas on what else I can try I would appreciate it...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the alarm module is looking for load, the relay controlled power windows eliminates all of the load from the switch system. The alarm module would need to wire into the wires from the relays to the motor and not the switch to relay wires.

The alarm's orange wire only gives a ground to the module when the locks are are engaged. The module goes directly to the motor and bypasses the window switch. The module gives a 12 v to the wire to put the windows up. When the window is fully up or something is blocking either window from going the module trips and shuts off the 12 v wire. If I bypass the relay the window goes up when the locks are engaged. When wired to the relay the 86 wire is hot for a second or two and the 30 wire going to the window motor is also hot for a second or two. I'm thinking the module is seeing the relay as resistance and is shutting down.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I can only see it working if the module 12V+ wires is spliced correctly into the Blue/white motor at the bottom of my diagram. The Blue/black goes back to ground so the window motor should work until the module senses load.

If the window module's wires are reversed (Switch side wire swapped with motor side wire), 12V+ is a dead short to ground, so you don't want that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll check my wiring tonight cause I agree, it should work. But I will add if the wiring of the module was not correct the window would not work with the window switch.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had a coffee with my friend who installs stuff in cars for a living and he agreed with me the module's circuit breaker is tripping when the 12 v is trying to energize the coil in the relay. I'm going to get a better module and see if that cures it....:)

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
This should work with a Window Module. The relays shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Power Window Wiring - with widow module.jpg

Without the window switch manually engaged, the relays are just a pass through to ground, just like on a normal window switch.

If you wire the window module before the relays, it won't work.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Steve, did this speed up you windows?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor