mini starter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss-santos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2011
does anyone know to hook up a gm mini starter
it only hard to bults u know one that u dont hook anything on cause theure is
one wire there already and then the one for the battery i also have one outlet looking on i tried hooking it up but it
wont even a temp to work.
by the way im hooking up 2 other red wires in the same place where the batter wire goes do thats 3 wires and 4 with the outlet looking thing am i doing something bad ?

should i only connect the battery one and the outlet one and not the two other red ones on the side ?

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
i belive the purple wire from the key needs to be pluged in to the starter by using a cheep wire connector
5.jpg
NEW3HPST009.jpg

ss-santos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2011
454cutlass said:
i belive the purple wire from the key needs to be pluged in to the starter by using a cheep wire connector
5.jpg
NEW3HPST009.jpg
right ok so i got 3 wired connected to the opper one u see the positive one that is two wires and turns in to one and then one more red wire. and the perple one u see.

if the perple one is wet it wont work i think its from ail some how it got wet becayse the starter ges out but it doesnt spin the little flywheel from it u know
heres a picsture of mine i probably got it wrong

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,781

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
have you considered putting in a remote solenoid, then you won't have the wires sitting near the headers and it's alot easier to hook up one wire to the starter...

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
I wrapped all the wires in one of those fibreglass heat resistant boots from DEI. no problems yet

dei-heatsheath.jpg

ss-santos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
have you considered putting in a remote solenoid, then you won't have the wires sitting near the headers and it's alot easier to hook up one wire to the starter...
thats sick but i never heard of that wgat ecsactly is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor