Oil pressure wires V6 to V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
I have just a couple wires left to figure out from my Buick V6 to Pontiac V8 swap. There is a brown wire with white stripe and a orange wire that run into the same plug with a pig tail wire coming out of it that is green. I know this was hooked up to what appeared to be a oil pressure switch up by the timing cover/oil filter area on the Buick V6. Going to the Pontiac V8 and a normal pressure switch I believe I only need one wire. Anybody know which one? Im am sure it's the Brwn/Wht stripe or the Orange. Anybody Know? What do I do with the other ones?

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Use the pressure switch from the V6. Worked for me. :mrgreen:

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Where would the green pig tailed wire go? I don't remember where that goes. I would rather run one wire as the plug that the wires go into in busted :oops:

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
The green wire should be for the temp sensor. According to my book, the oil pressure should be a tan wire.

Untitled.jpg

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Ya I've seen a diagram at maliburacing.com showing tan for oil. I think that might be up under the dash by the gauges? In the engine compartment it is definately Brwn/Wht stripe and orange with a foot long green pig tail coming back out of the plug. I have another stand alone green wire going to the temp. gauge. I also verified this with another car at the yard yesterday. I couldn't decifer where the pig tail wire went, but the plug went up by the oil filter. It was raining pretty good didn't feel like hanging around to trace the wire. :oops:

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
From what I could find, your"orange" wire is the tan, black is ground. I can't find any reference to the green. You can test this by grounding the orange wire. It should lite the OIL light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor