Power to block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
fusepanel.gif

Were does the battery power connect to the fuse block? I have asked this in another thread did not get a big response. The back of the plug is not in great shape but till I can get another one i just need to know were to hook it in?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The fuse box gets power from the fusible links at the starter relay/solenoid. They are attached to the same terminal as the battery cable.

Are you asking about where to plug some accessory item in? The back of what plug is in bad condition?

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
The bulkhead connector is a mess I have run a hot directly to the fuse box in batt port and it will give me a keyed hot but I know that is not very smart or a good idea. The car will only have an alternator one wire and need to run lights. I have electric fan run from my ford solenoid.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
like I posted in your first thread

There is two harnesses in the back of the fuse box on the firewall. One is for the engine and the other one is for the lights and horn. To remove them there is a 7 mm bolt in the middle of the harnesses. I would find another harnesses that are in good shape instead of trying to fix what you have.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
B0AA7C4D-FF30-4CF9-9B18-4337AE210BB5.jpeg
I thought I would post what I figured out on the fuse block power supply. There are two 10 gauge wires running into the the block from wiring harness. If you put 12 volts from battery to one of the wires it will give the block power. The other wire will not give you power to the block if you supply 12 volts to it. I am not sure why maybe my block or connections bad idk. I recently bought a harness and block and will change it out.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would just change out the harness and if the block is still good I would leave it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
Just a little update to my progress on the wiring. I bought another harness and it had the two red wires wired together so it looks like two hot wires to the block. I haven't had time to work on my but I will update when I figure it out. Also any one with recommendations for butt connectors for wiring I have used several different kinds from parts stores and such but all seem cheap.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't like butt connectors but if I use them I like the uninsulated with shrink tubing

83-3111.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor