Dlo253's 84 Cutlass Build/Progress. G-Body Nation C.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
How's it goin GBF? My names D i am 20 years old, just recently got an 84 cutlass supreme after wanting one just about my whole life, lol. Traded my 2000 Buick Regal LS straight across. It has a chev 350. Havent done much yet but here are some pics from shortly after i got it, then some after i sold the wheels it came with (some of you may be pissed, some will be very happy, lol) I have big plans for this car, and I will keep this updated the best i can without flooding the thread with nonsense. here are the 1st set of pics.

22x10 all the way around, 3" lift. Drove like a ****ing semi, although i may not have minded so much if it didnt throw the driveability and stopping power out the window, previous owner went about it all wrong, just wanted looks apparently
20110409141148.jpg

20110409141202.jpg

20110409141218.jpg

Here's after i sold the wheels, threw on some Pontiac Rally II's, plan on cleaning them up real nice and painting them black and silver. Ignore the tire with the white lettering lol thats how it was mounted, fixing that when i paint the wheels..Please excuse the crappy cell phone pics.
20110504170325.jpg

20110504174549.jpg

20110504174559.jpg

20110504174608-1.jpg

Made a little progress today.. took off the stupid lift kit, replaced to front wheel studs, and replaced the brake pad. Stance is much better....for now.

2011-05-07195432-1.jpg

Small update 5/15/11: Finally got the correct hood spring, painted it satin black, and voila...hood actually pops up now lol.
Horrible pickins at the scrap yard, 2 G bodies, 1 regal and 1 elco, basically stripped to nothing lol.

Update 5/18/11: Did a few more things today and yesterday. Installed a trunk pop button in my glove box. Got lucky, the car came with a trunk that had a solenoid. Haha. Also, the previous owner had ONE 4x6 speaker above the passenger side rear armrest for some reason lol....So I took my 4x10's out of my rear deck, since my subs were destroying them.. and put 6x9s in the panels above the rear armrests. It works much better with my setup, the 2 15" subs i have in my trunk have literally blown apart 6x9's in my last car... Dont got pics of the speakers, refuse to post interior pics until its to my liking haha. But heres a couple random pics i took yesterday.

Finally got some decent weather over here in WA.

2011-05-17173801.jpg

2011-05-17173745.jpg

2011-05-17173734-1.jpg

Update 6/3/11:
More nice weather today, decided to call pick n pull. they got an 86 cutty in there yesterday, with that being said i flew over there, just got to it before everybody else. Got my front side marker lights, speaker grilles(brown but i painted them black), replaced my broken driver side reverse light, got my missing armrest, the CORRECT window switches(damn half *ss previous owner), and my front bumper emblem. Dont got pics, but this made my day. now my exterior is complete besides the chrome trim for the front bumper, dont really care until i paint anyways.

Okay so I know I said I wasn't posting any interior pics until I start and finish it lol. But what the hell, nuthn special but who cares lol, at least its not all tore up. Back is under minor construction atm. But here's a little something. And I am hitting the wrecking yard tomorrow So I'm sure ill have another update haha.
dsc02512cb.jpg

Update 7/20/11: after a couple weeks of my light buzzer not working, the switch finally died. Leaving me with no taillights, stranded til day haha. Went over to the wrecking yard.. scored a good switch and a lay down license plate frame finally :)

Update 8/14/11: This weekend i finally got a little free time. I decided to give my wheels a slight makeover. Its only temporary but i tink they look way better with a little bit of paint on them..
wheels.jpg

Also, i got some new hardware and bushings for my sway bar, so i painted that and put it on. So much better than having none!
2011-08-14164856-1.jpg

And i decided to fill the center of my air cleaner nut with black paint. I made it at work...Please ignore the ugly looking motor and whatnot. Previous owner decided to just paint everything for some reason.. Im not too worried tho, that will all change when I do a rebuild.
2011-08-14164818-1.jpg

8/15/11: Got a chance to clean her up a lil bit today. not the best paintjob, but i still think she cleans up pretty good :D
DSC02672.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

As I said, I have big plans for this car and will keep this thread updated. It's far from "nice" right now but I love my Cutty!
Let's hear some input. Positive or negative its all good, I love it all. haha.

2Gbodys

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2011
Re: Dlo253's Slow build/progress thread.

Very Nice! Great job, bringing it down. They Weren't Supposed To Look Or Drive Like ****ing Semi!!! LMOA. Keep up the progress! :rofl:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

them cell fone pics remind me of soap operas lol

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA

kuruption109 said:
nice ride. got engine pics?
Thanks. Haven't bothered takin any yet. Its not too pretty. Previous owner did crappy reddish rattle can on block And edelbrock manifold(Wtf?!) And bronze fan... lol. But I will post up some before and after pics once I clean it up and stuff.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island

tha pontiac rallyes are definetly different! of course most ANY american RWD car looks MINT with a nice set of 15" wheels and nice white letter big meats all around. bringing it back to stock height? keeping the rallyes? if so i'd love it, i'm not exactly a fan of big wheels, ridiculous stereos, low rider hoopla and tony the tiger painted on the doors.. you gonna swap in an olds motor? :twisted:

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009

I'll throw in another kudos for losing the wagon wheels! Glad to see your turning this beauty around!

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA

Haha yeah, I figured most of you would like the transformation. I have a word for it but it may cause problems so I wont say it on here hahaha.....
My future plans are to drop it down. May keep stock height in rear, not sure yet. Keeping the rallys on until I save up for my wheels... going with 17's all around. Keeping the SBC for now. Have a meeean dual quad 396 BBC sitting in my garage. Trying to work a deal to get that. I also plan on painting it, all one color. And going win black interior. As someone said above about the wheels, lowriders, and stereos. I def agree. Except the stereo part. I love me a ridiculous sound system: )

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Re: Dlo253's Slow build/progress thread. UPDATED 5/7

Updated first post..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor