Pics of your Lowered Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
Would like to start a thread with photos of lowered Cutlasses. I'd like to know how much drop, what springs/shocks you are using, and tire size to see what fits. I'm trying to get an idea if I wanna go 1 or 2 inch drop. Thanks all!

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
moose said:
If you decide to drop yours an inch, I have a full set of used Belltech shocks that lower the vehicle 1" by themselves. They've got low miles on them, about six months worth of driving. I don't have any pictures of my car with them installed, but I now have about a 2" drop and will get some pictures and product details later today.

Pics would be great. Thanks. I actually have a hotchkis kit, and I am debating whether to go with a 2" drop. I'd hate to button it up only to decide otherwise.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
moose said:
If you decide to drop yours an inch, I have a full set of used Belltech shocks that lower the vehicle 1" by themselves. They've got low miles on them, about six months worth of driving. I don't have any pictures of my car with them installed, but I now have about a 2" drop and will get some pictures and product details later today.

Shocks can not lower a vehicle unless they are coilover shocks with the spring assembly attached. If you are trying to sell those please change the description so that it does not say the shocks will lower your car. i think this is a great thread though, we should have one for each G body so people can see how they look lowered. Mine has stock sagging springs and I love the way it sits, but is a regal so I will not post a pic in your thread.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
I've got the steering wheel out and am in the process of filling in all the cracks so I couldn't pull it out for a good overall shot. I'm using SPC springs and Bilstien shocks all around. Tire size is 235/60R15 front and back. I had to put a 1/4" spacer on the front to keep the tire from rubbing on the frame during tight turns. As bad as the pictures are I hope this helps some.
twoinch2.jpg
twoinch.jpg

Front
twoinchfront.jpg

Rear
twoinchback.jpg

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
1983regal said:
Shocks can not lower a vehicle unless they are coilover shocks with the spring assembly attached. If you are trying to sell those please change the description so that it does not say the shocks will lower your car. i think this is a great thread though, we should have one for each G body so people can see how they look lowered. Mine has stock sagging springs and I love the way it sits, but is a regal so I will not post a pic in your thread.

I understand your point of view and admit that I don't know a lot about suspension technicalities. However, I can say that after installing JUST these shocks my ride height was a noticeably lower, just a little. I had my entire suspension upgraded with the old SC&C stage 2 and got the look I wanted. I just recently replaced the Belltechs with Bilsteins and after driving it around for a week the wheel well clearance still looks more than it did. Maybe it'll settle a little more with time. Also, Belltech and Summit both state that these shocks will lower the ride heighth 1" and Mark at SC&C seems to confirm this when he indirectly told me in a ten minute explination that shocks can affect ride height.
However, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not try to spread misinformation, I'm posting based on my personal observations. Also, I'll remove the bit about my shocks as to not cause a ruckus.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
looking forward to seeing more in this thread ide like to lower the front of mine a little.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
moose said:
I've got the steering wheel out and am in the process of filling in all the cracks so I couldn't pull it out for a good overall shot. I'm using SPC springs and Bilstien shocks all around. Tire size is 235/60R15 front and back. I had to put a 1/4" spacer on the front to keep the tire from rubbing on the frame during tight turns. As bad as the pictures are I hope this helps some.
twoinch2.jpg

Moose, what is the backspace on the rims you are using? Were you getting any bottoming out on bumps or just the rubbing?

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
Mr.Evil, I do not know the backspacing. They're old Cragars that came with a Monte I bought years ago. They fit the Monte so I threw em on the Cutlass without much thought. Just rubbing issues, never bottomed out. Since I put on the Bilstiens I can now fit my whole fist in between the tire and wheel well. My tire height is 26.1" and Mark at SC&C said he doesn't recomend anything over 27" with his suspension setups.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
moose said:
Mr.Evil, I do not know the backspacing. They're old Cragars that came with a Monte I bought years ago. They fit the Monte so I threw em on the Cutlass without much thought. Just rubbing issues, never bottomed out. Since I put on the Bilstiens I can now fit my whole fist in between the tire and wheel well. My tire height is 26.1" and Mark at SC&C said he doesn't recomend anything over 27" with his suspension setups.

Ok, thanks, I'm running the same size wheel with a 2" drop spring, but I haven't got it all together yet to see what effect it will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor