New aftermarket Cutlass Supreme Quarter Patch Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well.....as promised here they are. These are die stamped orignal shape patches which will also be PPG prime EDP coated.

T1 Prototypes!

We fit them on the car and they are exact in shape. Offering the before wheel and after wheel patches.

Me on left, Brian from Gbody on right

I'll be putting these to the test on my 85 442 sometime very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    665.3 KB · Views: 2,703

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
This is great!! When will these be available for sale?

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Very cool... What will you guys think of next?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Chevytruc1658 said:
This is great!! When will these be available for sale?

I get my prototypes on Thursday, so after further eval later this week to make sure they are all ok, we will start production. I'd say 6 weeks- 8 weeks

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Fader said:
Very cool... What will you guys think of next?

There are lists in the it's a good day for the gbody community thread, about 30 or so items on teh presses now

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
Very coolio! Have you guys decided a price yet? Have you guys thought about repoping the header panels? I would think if you could offer in a light plastic or aluminum version it would take off expecially from the drag racing persective. Fiberglass doors? Steel cowl induction hoods? Just some ideas if you gus haven't thought of them yet. Also if you guys could think up of someway to make black out lens for head light bezels and the tail lights that would be neato!

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
MPac said:
Very coolio! Have you guys decided a price yet? Have you guys thought about repoping the header panels? I would think if you could offer in a light plastic or aluminum version it would take off expecially from the drag racing persective. Fiberglass doors? Steel cowl induction hoods? Just some ideas if you gus haven't thought of them yet. Also if you guys could think up of someway to make black out lens for head light bezels and the tail lights that would be neato!

The 2" steel cowl hoods will fly off the shelf when they are done.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Got the panels in this afternoon. Apearance is exceptional. Lines are crisp thickness is good, finish is PPG EDP primed. Contour of the panels is exact. I look forward to the day I get the frame off the 442 to get these welded in place. I understand gbodyparts (Brian) will be tack welding these in place on a Hurst this weekend. Be looking for his reply as well. We went pretty high up on the body for these panels. It gives us some flexibility if you want to go to the body line, to the stripe line on a 442 or go up into the quarter even higher at the factory finish of the patch.

IMAG2395.jpg

IMAG2396.jpg

IMAG2397.jpg

IMAG2398.jpg

IMAG2399.jpg

IMAG2400.jpg

IMAG2401.jpg

IMAG2403.jpg

IMAG2394.jpg

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
very cool will be interesting how these fit....would be interested in the fronts if they fit well...keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor