Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to release

What type of finish would you like to see on a Hurst Olds Shifter Plate?

• All Black out option with white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering ONLY

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Original Factory Burlwood finish with Gold OUTLINING Trim (original look)

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Silver finish with Black Trim & white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, another cool product brought to the table, I just received today our first T1 sample of our H/O licensed top plate. Yes I realize the cut is on the wrong side, it was cut in just for testing purposes to get around the shifters. The actual sample in on my desk.

Hurst top shifter plates

THese are original look, feel, touch and will be as exact as the original, as in all other cases on the products created.

I have the ability to make these in anyways wanted. Before I do so, I would like to take a poll before we place them in production.

I have attached a couple pictures on what different styles I am thinking. Take the poll, let me know your thoughts.

IMAG28912.jpg

IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1247.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Re: Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to releas

Sweet, I like the original look to be reproduced. When will these become available? I'm restoring my L-rods currently and my top plate isnt that nice. Will you be making the rubber boot/metal plate with the bristles underneath the top plate too?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

Minion1186 said:
Sweet, I like the original look to be reproduced. When will these become available? I'm restoring my L-rods currently and my top plate isnt that nice. Will you be making the rubber boot/metal plate with the bristles underneath the top plate too?

we are working at getting the whiskers and plate finished as well. We wanted to get the plate finished first since it is the most desired and needed.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010

Very Very cool .I will buy one if I can afford it,they look good in black alum and factory wood grain, to hard to pick just one.

84oldshurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 19, 2012

I'd be interested in one as well. Let me know!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

I just received word that we are capable of bringing a licensed Hurst Lightning Rod shifter to the market as well. Keep tuned in.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

fits like a glove in the console

Attachments

• IMAG2895.jpg
    IMAG2895.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 1,546

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

Oh and I forgot to add that these are MADE IN THE USA!

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi

I know I might get a lot of negative comments on this request but is their anyway y'all could produce them with the 86-88 butterfly walnut wood grain pattern? I'm going to run a 455 big block Olds engine with a TH-400 transmission in my 86 Cutlass. I have a set of 3 spd lightning rods I'm putting in as well and it would be sweet to have the reproduction lightning rid shift plate with the 86-88 wood grain pattern to match my dash pieces. Also it would be cool if y'all repop the 79 H/O dual gate shifter plate as well, when I bought my 86 Cutlass the previous owner already had a 79 H/O dual gate shiter mounted in there but no shifter plate. :(

cfcbf263.jpg

My dash pieces^^^
7c80090e.jpg

My shifters^^^
86Salon12-1.jpg

A pic from when I first bought my car.^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor