dim tail light and moisture inside windshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1RONK1LL3R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 29, 2012
lake jackson tx
im getting moisture on the inside of my windshield. I think it might be because the heater core is bad, bu im not sure.
The other problem is the right tail light is real dim, the brake light isnt working and the right blinker dosnt work. The arrow light on the gauges doesnt even turn on.

Nov 4, 2012
Oh boy, I've been here before. 'Cept not on a g body. It was a Lincoln town car brought in by a customer to my work. IIRC, it was the condensing unit in the air conditioner that went bad. Shouldn't be too hard to change on a g body, but it was a real MFer on that town car. Had to drop the steering column, pull out the dash, pull out the entire interior, there was a giant puddle in the floorpan. God, it was a pain. As for your light problems, there could be tons of things wrong. If I were you, I would go out and change all of the light bulbs, just to eliminate that as a possibility. Also change the corresponding fuses. If that doesn't fix it, you have a wiring problem.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Lighting issue could be a bad turn signal switch (in the column). I had a bad one and had issues with the signals and parking lights. It should be relatively inexpensive, around $25 IIRC. You should probably check the grounds and bulbs as well.

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
I had the turn signal indicater light quit working on my cutlass after i pulled the guage cluster, i had to take it back out and clean all the contacts on the back of the guage cluster and the plugs then reinstall, works fine now.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
put away your parts gun. check powers and grounds I was allways taught weird sh*t = bad grounds. allways helped me before i went to school even. a bad or missing ground at the tail could cause your problems.

And who ever taught the guy to change fuses cause they "WEAR" should be shot.

1RONK1LL3R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 29, 2012
lake jackson tx
Well fellas, i found the light problem, it was a coupler connection in the wiring. I found it took it apart hit it with some sand paper, put them back together and everything magically worked!
As for the moisture problem i still have it.. i have the core ordered but im working to many hours so im gonna have to wait till i get a whole weekend off to chnage it out..

wrenchbend1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2013
Moisture on the "inside" of the windshield should you feel its from the heater core is gonna be from what is in your cooling system. Therefore if you taste it, it should taste like antifreeze. A couple of other scenarios do exist, Air conditioned vehicles have a drain , and when they clog "WAT?ER" will accumulate in the heater box, weather or not it makes it to the inside of the windshield can be a feat in itself, sometimes you hear you fan gurgling in water, check the drain tube and make sure its clear. One other possibility I can think of is the windshield "seal" Its kinda like a sheet of glass glued down to its windshield flange and sometime the glass lets go of the adhesive or the adhesive lets go of the flange and now you have that windshield that is free in a section . The glass "greenhouse effect" causes moisture to accumulate on the inside of the glass . This moisture should taste like water ! cleaning the moisture from the inside of the glass takes on two different characteristics , water cleans and dries right up. Coolant requires considerable more effort to clean up ! :puke:
Hope this helps !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor