1984 Hurst Olds Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Just picked up this little gem locally for next to nothing, 1984 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative with a rare Sunroof option:

I just got done finishing up the interior, was in ok shape before... found a bunch of interior items from a 53,*** mile Regal and had some mint/NOS stuff lying around.
Next is the paint and underhood, I want to paint back to the original color scheme/trim/lighting and remove the trim from the wheels and blackout them out with RWL tires, not sure if I want to have chrome with the body kit.

Attachments

• 84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative 1.jpg
    84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative 1.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 3,265
  • 84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative.jpg
    84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 2,129
  • 84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative 3.jpg
    84 Hurst Olds Aero Commemorative 3.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 2,077
  • 84 Hurst Olds Aero Sunroof.jpg
    84 Hurst Olds Aero Sunroof.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 2,077
  • 84 Hurst Olds Aero Interior.jpg
    84 Hurst Olds Aero Interior.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 7,033
Reactions: 1 user

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
Re: Latest Aquisition

i like it better without the trim rings.. i'm taking them off my wagon ..nice olds, havent seen too many of those body kits, that wasnt a stock option ever was it?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny

:drool: That is sweet, I take it, it's a repaint?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

Nozer said:
havent seen too many of those body kits, that wasnt a stock option ever was it?

Was never a stock option, the concept was rejected by GM and thus "Doc" Watson went his own way and made his own conversion in which approximately 100 kits were made for 81-88 Cutlass and if they were installed on an '88 they were badged as a 20th Anniversary Hurst Olds, otherwise all others were called Aero Commemoratives.
It's speculated that roughly 30 '88 H/Os were registered upon sale of the kit. There are a number of NOS kits still out there, I have 3 NOS kits with one being specifically for '88 H/O with the 20th Anniversary badging.
I also obtained the remaining inventory of stripes and decals from Doc some years ago along with registration tags and specialized dash plaques only ment for 20th Anniversary H/O's.
I like the kit but the FE3X kit was done much better IMO.

Oldsmoletick said:
:drool: That is sweet, I take it, it's a repaint?
Yes, a shitty repaint, looks good from 10ft away... thus why I want to repaint it and straighten out the kit a little.
Plus the white color was meant more for the '88's and I also like the '84 scheme, I've seen an '84 with a Lauren Engineering kit on it and it looked awesome.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana

How would it look with 15 in chrome ssiii's?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

Looks like a Cutty gone ricer!! :rofl: I'm sure it will turn out nice when done though, the Fe3x kit is a whole lot nicer IMO. 8)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

It definitely makes a statement. I think it just needs some period correct wheels to look right. Maybe a set of Gold BBS or Gottis? Kind of reminds me of the mid-late '80s Greenwood Corvettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor