Rocket header panel emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I've seen cars with the Olds rocket emblem on the header panels ( like in the style of the 83-84 Hurst Olds header emblems ) in place of the standard hood ornaments. Where do you get these?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Nobody?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
If you are talking about the standup emblems look for 78-80 Cutlasses, last one I found was on a 4 door car.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
I've seen cars with the Olds rocket emblem on the header panels ( like in the style of the 83-84 Hurst Olds header emblems ) in place of the standard hood ornaments. Where do you get these?

I was at Gbodyparts.com today looking at his 4 Hurst olds and wondered if we should make an emblem for the header that lies down like you are referring to. Now it would not necessarially be H/O it would need to be something else. The reason I see the need is for situations like you are asking about as well for those that run a cowl hood. It would look strange with a stand up emblem and a cowl hood. I just need opinions. Maybe just a rocket in black, red, anodized, etc.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
I think that would be a good idea Toby..

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
A simple and low buck solution could be the same style header piece but with the ornament hole removed. Just a short flat piece that comes to a point that mimics the hood molding. Subtle, don't you think?

Hutch

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I certainly think one should be made. Black background with a gold olds rocket & black background with a red rocket would be good ideas..some chrome outlining would be ideal. I defiantly don't think a hood with the h/o scoop or a cowl hood looks that great with a standup hood ornament. I'm going with a h/o style tribute & this was my 1st thought after I picked up the 84 h/o hood...With the hurst header emblems being priced ridiculously on eBay, this would be an idea to keep in mind for those of us going with a hurst hood/theme or cowl hood. Also, the 84 & 83 h/o header emblems were both different in size, maybe start a poll on which size & colors they'd prefer?....Here's a comparison side by side pic of 83 & 84 emblems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 1,662

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I could swear I have seen these 'lay down flat rocket emblems' on other peoples cars ( in fact I know I have ) so I've always thought these things were available for this very purpose. If these emblems are not a real thing that's available, then they certianly should be!

Here's a pic of the Darth Vader Olds and Angelo's with simple rocket emblem in place of normal hood ornament;

Attachments

• Picture17.jpg
    Picture17.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • dv.png
    dv.png
    913.4 KB · Views: 1,255

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
oldsofb said:
A simple and low buck solution could be the same style header piece but with the ornament hole removed. Just a short flat piece that comes to a point that mimics the hood molding. Subtle, don't you think?

Hutch

I've seen those before on ebay years ago. Have no idea who made them, but they were there. I almost bought one but never did. Now I can't find them anywhere. I would prefer a 'rocket' emblem myself, but a cheapo bolt on 'hood ornament delete' piece would be a viable option too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor