78 Cutlass/Nova Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintlamberth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Houston
Im looking for a way to reduce the size of the bumpers on my Cutlass. Mainly the front.

Does anyone know if a Nova bumper will fit with some modification? Im trying to contact the manufacturer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/78-83-MALIBU-Wa ... 1083wt_967

In searching the topic I found a tucked fiberglass setup that is exactly what I want, but its for a nova.

I have thought about cutting the stock bumper down, but its really not the shape Im looking for.

Any input on the subject is appreciated.

InTheCutt

n00b
Oct 10, 2012
If I'm correct and I believe so a bumper from a Nova wouldn't fit a 78 cutlass...your only options would be 79 or 80 cutlass bumpers...and as far as a fiber bumper that would fit try this company www.vfnfiberglass.com..

clintlamberth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Houston
Thanks.

Ive decided to buy a Nova/El Camnio bumper and fit it.

I know it will not be a bolt in job, but I really want to get rid of the bulk from the front end.

just have to see. If not, its an expensive experiment.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
iam2fast4u86 said:
Ok you have my attention. I want to see pics when its mocked up please.

Me 2!! :shock:

clintlamberth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Houston
Will do.

When you look at the front end of that model, the bumper sticks out way past the header and grill. It also sticks out about 4" on each side, and there is a filler piece.

Im wanting to bring the bumper in to where it follows the lines of the sheet metal and eliminate the filler pieces.

This will take some time to fit once I get the nova bumper, but I will post up some pics of progress.

clintlamberth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Houston
Below are some pics of my car. Maybe its just me, but I think it would clean the front end up if the bumper was tucked up in nice and flush with the grill.....

olds2_zps6963c4d8.jpg

olds1_zpsc3bf6595.jpg

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I think this is Stupid and second of all it should be illegal. You are making your cars unsafe and taking off the 1 piece of the car your life will come down to in a crash. Obviously we don't have airbags in our cars so why would you guys think it's ok to have a bumper with less strength than the one on a ford focus? I hope you don't plan on lettings kids ride in the car after taking your bumpers off....

I edited my post to capitalize Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor