purchased gto leather seats for the cutlass (update photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
ive seen front seats installed in a gbody, but not the back seat. out of a 2006 gto power also.

Attachments

• IMG_0732[1].PNG
    IMG_0732[1].PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,301

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Re: purchased some leather seats for the cutlass

IIRC someone did this swap with a silver Monte Carlo SS. He had a thread for it but I cant remember his name :x

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky

Have you got any photos of the gto back seat installed?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada

The back seat isn't from a GTO. Its from a newer Cadillac Eldorado, with some modifications. Check out the thread on MonteSS.com.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

I'm wondering what the final cost is between the original purchase of the seats and then to get them reupholstered to match a gbody interior?

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.

It was just last year and I'm already unsure what I paid for the reupholstery of the front seats... Senior moment in progress. Let's call it between $600 and $800, well over the cost of the seats themselves ($450, that I do remember).

There's info somewhere on the interwebs about installation of the GTO back seat in different cars. In most cases, it involved shortening the upper part (at the bottom) because they're too tall and fabricating fillers for the sides. Looks do-able but will be a chore.

As mentioned, I used an Eldorado back seat and the fabrication was ridiculous. The yard wanted pretty much the same money for the back GTO seats as they got for the fronts so I passed on them. The Cadillac back seat project was launched with a $40 investment which helped get that off to a quick start.

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
Re: purchased some leather gto seats for the cutlass

just fab up therear back seats, i cut 3.5 inches off the upperrear seat, and the bottom rear seat, fit with any mods. going to start on the front seats tomorrwo, wish me luck. i post more photos when im finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,199

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
Re: purchased gto leather seats for the cutlass

also there is about 4 inch open space between the rear seat, and rear sail panel. im going to install carpet glued to some foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor