Ever try to find a car you sold??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd82H/O

Apprentice
May 24, 2010
Have any of you ever tried to find a car you sold . I would love to find my old 83 H/O . It had the grey interior ,T-tops and it had a 307 emblem bolted to the front of the fan shroud. I sold the car about 10 yrs ago in Syracuse, N.Y. The guy who bought it I believe was taking it to western Pa.. I would just love to see if the car is still as nice as when I sold it .I hope someone here has it.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Yes, I know where 3 of them are, all are roaming around in Indy-area, one died a horrible death, another met the crusher...sometimes you don't want to find them.

Of the 3 still lurking around:

'81 Calais: Near Noblesville, IN. that last I knew. Post 260 - 350 Olds swap -wish I had this back to this day
'66 Impala: In Indianapolis, IN terrorizing the streets after ground-up rebuild. Bought it from original owners son in '95, sold it in '05
'65 Impala: Another back in Indy car; basically this was a quick flip but kind of kicking myself for letting it go so fast; this a cruiser since didn't have it long enough for a 409 swap

Won't discuss the horrible death one - let's just say, NEVER give a relative anything, especially a car, when they don't appreciate sh*t

Crusher car, well, it did have serious rod knock and the best / most valuable thing about it were the jumper cables in the trunk

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yea, I sold a 70 Monte Carlo about 15 years ago. This past winter I sold a Blazer that I got to flip and while I was at the BMV I asked the lady helping me if she could look up a car I use to own. She could and did. It had been titled 8 times since I sold it the last time 8 years ago about 2 hrs from my house. So it is either still alive with that person or in about 2.5 Honda's. she gave me the VIN number but couldn't tell me the name or address of the owner :cry: I told my wife I wanted it in my garage by my 40th birthday in November, it won't happen she's already forgotten about it..... or has she?!?!?

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
I have thought several times of trying to locate a truck I sold about six years ago. It was a 92 silverado 1500 stepside. It was lowered with a 350 and a 5 speed. I rebiult the engine a couple years before I bought it. It ran like crazy. Got me a couple of tickets. I sold it because I had hit a deer and could not afford to fix it at the time. I miss that truck.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Sold my first car, an 81 cutlass for $100 14 years ago....regretted it until 4 years ago when I found it and bought it back for $100

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Found a '93 Pro Street Camaro my dad passed up on, and a friend owned and then sold. Ended up going down to geogia, and took on a new power train. Now owned by Vengence Racing and still has the big race tach my dad put in it. It was the first '93 Pro Street Camaro ever built, had $60K in receipts for the chassis alone, really whish my dad never passed up on it..

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
Here's one of my Montes I sold about 8 years ago...oddly, I'm on every board and since I sold it, I've never been able to see a pic floating somewhere of it or seen anybody with it-no idea where it's at...when I sold it the guy who bought it was taking it to SD. I took a hit on it and let her go for $5500. At the time I was selling it here and on a couple other sites....no serious buyers so Ebay it went.

RenoReno2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2009
If you know a cop I believe they can run the vin number to get the name and address of the current owner.

bjruss

n00b
Feb 5, 2014
I had a 79 malibu prostreet red was landau but was removed it was a ladder bar 9 " rear car with strange axles andspool 4:86 gear full roll cage black interior with red carpet weld wheels painted bumpers i sold it to a guy in upper indiana last i know its in tennessee trying to find it now any info would be nice i know it doesnt have this hood anymore thanks bobby

Attachments

• 8738_4003201375995_1169430185_n.jpg
    8738_4003201375995_1169430185_n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 424

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
The picture I have as my profile picture is my first car. It was a 87 monte carlo I was 19 was super excited when I had enough money to buy a car. Then I sold it in 2008. Because i was losing my home. And a few months ago. I was searching Craigslist for parts and found my car no engine no transmission. But still all there the guy I sold it to put it on non oopen. And just pull the engine n trans out and left it sitting from 08-- to 13. The car even had some of my old junk mail in the trunk. I couldn't believe it. So I had to buy it.. it was funny because at the time my then girlfriend said well take a long look at the car cause thats the last time ur gonna see it.. I loved that car so much. But am glad my baby is back home with me. I have plans of dropping a 6.0 and a nice suspension. But no rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor