has anyone modified a body bbo headers to fit g body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cut123

Greasemonkey
Nov 20, 2011
terre haute indiana
I have a set of hooker 68-72 bbo header layin around. I need a set of big block headers for my 81. has anyone tried to modify these to fit. figured it could be worth a try before I drop 800 on some dick millers.

cut123

Greasemonkey
Nov 20, 2011
terre haute indiana
Just to update everyone on this for future reference. The passenger side actually fits pretty well as long as you have oil filter relocation kit with 90 degree elbows on block. The diver side has to be dinged quite a bit. All and all though i paid 150 for these headers and only restricted one primary by about 1/3 to 1/2 inch. These are the hooker super comps so i dont think it will hurt flow enough to make a difference.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That actually doesn't sound that bad. Some have had those type of problems with bolt in headers.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
olds307 and 403 said:
That actually doesn't sound that bad. Some have had those type of problems with bolt in headers.

X2 I've done that on Olds and Chevy engines in Gbodies with headers right out the box. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor