Upper radiator hose strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Is it a strap or a bracket? I thought they just had a little bracket to keep the hose from rubbing the shroud. I may have the bracket...timo22

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
UPDATE!!Upper radiator hose strap (Added Picture)

It is the plastic strap that attaches to the radiator shroud and holds the upper hose off the alt and the cruise control thing (yes thing is the technical term) LOL

Attachments

• Hose Strap.JPG
    Hose Strap.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 1,308

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I'm no help... but if you find one let me know where you got it. I could use one on my car.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Might not seem like it but those upper radiator hose straps are a pain in the *ss to find. I need one too.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That strap part number is 1238958. I've got a few still in the GM wrapper actually. Might have some used ones laying around somewhere, too. I'll have to take a look around. I'm pretty sure I got at least one good used one somewhere. Rare as hen's teeth to find nowadays. They were originally for 72 Buick upper hoses I believe but also used in A/G-body applications later on. Here's what a new one looks like:

ShroudStrap4.jpg

Stupid GM. Says the replacement is 3816659, but that's BS. This is a 3816659 strap and it doesn't look anywhere near like the 1238958 strap.

$(KGrHqF,!rUFIe,8MwHNBSP41NDmqg~~60_12.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor