Misfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
About a week ago leaving from work I realized after taking off I had a severe vacuum leak. Figured I'll deal with it when I get to home. Turned out the PCV hose had come unplugged. No biggie right? Well now when I start up I get a vicious misfire. Checked my plugs and adjusted my carburetor a bit but still misfire? What am I missing?

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Feels like just a misfire. You can hear it at idle, tryed to go for a drive just around the block but it could barely make it back. Shut off as soon as I pulled in the driveway.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
with a problem like that I start off with checking the ignition wires to make sure they are on right and the wires are separated so your not getting induction firing...check the plugs to make sure they are gaped right and not cracked and take a look inside the cap to see if there is any indication of spark jumping around. If you run the car at nite to check it sparks will more noticeable you might find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor