355 turbo help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearhead16

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2013
Scranton Pa
Im in the process of building a fully forged 350. .030 over.
Im going with a blow threw carb, i have a garret garret gt4294 turbo t4
All i have for turbo part is the turbo, building engines i am good at and familar but boost i am not familar with.

I need to find sungle turbo manifolds, or point me in right direction to make my own, also what kind of carb
Any tips will be nice

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
These look okay http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Turbo-Manif ... 62&vxp=mtr but I read they are made from light gauge low grade stainless steel. I plan on doing a cheap turbo set up by just flipping my stock exhaust manifolds and making a "Y" pipe to the turbo. My best advice would be to go check out http://www.theturboforums.com. any questions you have is probably covered somewhere on the site.

or for ideas check out Horsepower TV episodes 1,2 and 7 from the 2012 season project "sucker punch" gave me ideas on how to turbo my Malibu wagon

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
What kind of 350?

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
-83MONTESS- said:
What kind of 350?
Assumed it was a Chevy :doh: but you can flip manifolds/headers on any 355 to make "Y" pipe it in front or leave the conventional mounted and "Y" pipe under car for your hot side. What are your goals for the 355? After reading some DIY turbo setups on turboforums I can't believe I haven't done it yet. Saving up and planning to turbo my wagon summer time. I'm gonna try to document the insrall in my "BuWagone" thread in the wagon section.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I assumed it was a chevy also but being posted in the Olds section made me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor