Dang!!!! What to do?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
Ok so last fall I bought a 87 442 .. Clean unmolested t top car 107000 mile car
I was in the process of building a 455 to put in it when I came across a very clean 84 hurst that is in need of paint and a few dents fixed and new interior ... So now I have to make up my mind as to what one I am going to sell and what one I will restore..
The one I keep will get a frame off restro and the 455 but now I can't make up my mind on what one I will do.
The hurst looks like new on the underside.still has the black paint on the frame and rear end and no rust at all but the inside of the car needs a compleat redo .
The 442 has a small amour of rust.doors,right rocker need patching and frame is solid,inside is very clean except dash is cracked up
So my quandary is which one I will redo.
Can't keep both as I don't have the time or room for both

Any input would be helpful to help me decide

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Whats the price of the H/O if you dont mind me asking?

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I find the hurst to be more unique with the lightning rods & body mods, both they are both neat cars. Could you not fix them both? Maybe keep one more stock & put the 455 in the other?

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
lol,GET OUT MY HEAD EVAN :rofl: i was gonna post on spudds thread and ask him to ask you what you thought!!! being you got that "tribute" going on :wink: any new goodies??? hit me up homie!

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
Well, if the 87 has a posi, I would swap rears between the cars and then build the H/O. Then go to gbodyparts.com and get a new interior kit. To me rust repair more expensive than interior. Then you can just respray the 84 with black on top and silver on bottom. Who cares if it is original you just put a big block in there.

Also, get the black headlight buckets and grill to match 83 from gbodyparts.com.

Sorry you find yourself in such a dilemma as having 2 sweet cars to pick between... :)

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
Yea. It's a real b*tch... Kind of thinkin about doing the hurst so it looks like the 87 442 will need a new home

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
You could get seats and interior parts from a 83-84 Cutlass with maroon (maple) interior. They weren't hurst specific, so it might not be too bad to find interior parts possibly.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
Problem I find is on interior parts eBay ads list as fitting 78-87 and color burgendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor