tobyp..are these your doors???

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd82H/O

Apprentice
May 24, 2010
I am curious if these are the same doors you helped produce. Couldn't find new doors anywhere , now there's 2 sources??

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
:evil:
2nd82H/O said:
I am curious if these are the same doors you helped produce. Couldn't find new doors anywhere , now there's 2 sources??

Yup. Those are mine. Please try to support the companies like gbody parts which helped supply the nos items to produce them. That's all I ask.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
tobyp said:
:evil:
2nd82H/O said:

Yup. Those are mine. Please try to support the companies like gbody parts which helped supply the nos items to produce them. That's all I ask.
As long as Gbody Parts delivered prices are at or below the cost from other suppliers, then it shouldn't be a difficult decision.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
And always let us know if we are getting beat up,

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
tobyp said:
And always let us know if we are getting beat up,
Ok, you asked...

I see the same stuff that Gbodyparts.com sells much cheaper all over online and at FAIR shipping prices too unlike the tiny lightning rods bracket I paid $14 to ship only to arrive in a $6 flat rate box and shipped to the wrong address.

That just happened to this guy too, was charged $17 for shipping and arrived in a $6 flat rate box:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48876

Lightning rods brackets can be found for $30 shipped on ebay, Gbodyparts is $43 after shipping.
Headlight bezels are $119 on eBay, $150 at GBP before shipping. EDIT: now they are $130 before shipping.
I can go on... but I'm not going to stir the pot by posting facts (or opinions as I just read in another thread) on others pricing.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Mike you sent the bracket back installed & bent. Then lied that it would not fit.
I'll post pics but you'll deny it.
I'm contacting Pay pal today about mail fraud. I hope that doesn't stress you out.

If any one has a shipping charge that was not reduced e-mail [email protected]. With the work load we have going on people are human & will make mistakes.
I went thru the same thing with my Diesel truck. $28.55 in shipping & arrived in a $5.85 small flat rate. Asked about it nothing done. The key is I asked.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Bweavy said:
Mike you sent the bracket back installed & bent. Then lied that it would not fit.
I'll post pics but you'll deny it.
I'm contacting Pay pal today about mail fraud. I hope that doesn't stress you out.

WOW now that's a flat out lie.

Installed and bent huh?
I would LOVE to see that photo.
Very professional Brian...

First off, it was sent back UNMOLESTED because of the way I was treated by your customer service about my item being sent to an incorrect address, not the one given by me during checkout, and your broken promises of refunding the shipping costs. Two weeks went by and nothing but excuses...
The person I spoke to about the situation of the bracket arriving at an old address in your system showed no interest in helping me and you never refunded the shipping costs as promised so I said screw it, I am never doing business with you again and returned the part and went with another vendor.

Second off, I never installed that bracket, however I did compare it to a GM bracket and the holes and mounting point did not line up so yes the argument is valid that it would not fit without making some sort of modification.
Anyone that knows me knows that I DO NOT install aftermarket parts on any of my cars PERIOD.
I am a GM purist in my restorations and pay top dollar for GM used and NOS parts to restore my collection.

I purchased a NEW bracket to send to a person who purchased a set of Lightning Rods from me out of my '85 442 who will gladly confirm that they received a NEW Lightning Rods shifter bracket as advertised in my FS post on ROP.

http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/post22741.html#p22741

Since the bracket never showed up at the address given to GBP during checkout and I urgently needed a bracket to ship. I went to another vendor and purchased the same bracket for $30 shipped and sent that one to the person who purchased my Lightning Rods so I didn't have to keep them waiting and wind up having to take the one off my '85 442 and send them my original used GM bracket when the ad states that the shifter would come with a NEW bracket.

I sent yours back unmolested since it was no longer needed so whatever photo you post is of what you did and reflects your character on how you treat your customers instead of fulfilling promises that you make.

I see you would rather throw mud and false accusations instead of making things right as promised.
Whatever, it's your business, run it how you want and continue to threaten community members with lawsuits over invited criticism, that's called entrapment according to my attorney.
Very professional...

crazy87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2013
Typical complaint from the many who want wholesale pricing with the retail service. :roll:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Whole lotta drama that didn't need to be here... :roll:

Dudes, this isn't the best place to be airing out differences on something other than doors in this thread. Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but just sayin'.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
It seems there is always an issue at points in my threads for some reason. Must be coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor