guy said he would take $2500/$3000

car is rot free, frame is solid

2004r transmission is rebuilt with shift kit

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I'd say yeah, depending on the overall condition of the vehicle.

Prostock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2013
Lima,Oh
Thats a great deal for a 442 but check the vin the eighth number should have a 9 identifying it as a 442 check to see if it has the spoiler on the trunk and if it has the lightening rod shifter it may have been swapped out but I doubt it check the diff if it has triangle ends on the bottom corner next to the diff cover its a 8.5 if it has the fangs its 7.5 and most likely a clone or somebody swapped the rears

Waldo617

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
so i verified that it is an 8.5 limited slip posi rear end and it is a real 442

i made an offer and the guy said he wants to sleep on it so my fingers are crossed.

the car had not rot anywhere.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Waldo617 said:
so i verified that it is an 8.5 limited slip posi rear end and it is a real 442

i made an offer and the guy said he wants to sleep on it so my fingers are crossed.

the car had not rot anywhere.

Good luck with the purchase. Let us know if you get it and post some pics for the rest of us.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Prostock said:
Thats a great deal for a 442 but check the vin the eighth number should have a 9 identifying it as a 442 check to see if it has the spoiler on the trunk and if it has the lightening rod shifter it may have been swapped out but I doubt it check the diff if it has triangle ends on the bottom corner next to the diff cover its a 8.5 if it has the fangs its 7.5 and most likely a clone or somebody swapped the rears

Just a clarification. The Hurst Olds was the only Olds G-body to get the lightening rod shifters. 442's had the regular shifter any other Olds would have had with a console and buckets.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Offer him less if you can buy it without the Chevy engine.

Waldo617

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
yea i was gonna say i thought only the hurst cars had the lightning rod shifters

this car is a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 with factory sunroof, bucket seats, and center console. its all there and all original minus the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor