steering box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

83ho87gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2013
Hey everybody. I replaced my steering box today with an astco 6561. Everything went prettg straight forwarduntil i went to hook my power steering lines back up they dont fit. As far as i know there thethe factory lines do i need an adapter if so does anyone know what sizes or do i need to get new hoses. Thanks in advance

83ho87gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2013
Anubis said:
I don't know what an astco 6561 is....Where did you buy it? Sounds lik whoever checked the part fitment to your vehicle didn't get it right. You can buy new quick ratio boxes through Advance Auto for a G body that are plug and play.
Yea i got it from advance, its the right one for the car, the hoses just dont fit, its atsco 6561 i misspelled

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
If the hoses don't fit then it's not the right part. :wink: Sounds like they gave you a box with SAE fittings instead of metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor