Olds Historian at GM to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Does anyone know if there is someone at GM to contact about Olds info? There use to be "an Olds Historian" that you could wright to or call, what I'm looking for is production data of the 87 442's, date of final production and if they have the VIN of the last built 442 was.

Mark

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I've looked through 442.com quite a lot. Thank you. I bought an 87 442 new in Dec 86, and my Dad was going to order one also in April, and the dealer told him Olds stopped production of the 442 already in March of 87. I just this year bought another 87 442, and the door sticker lists it as being made in March of 87, so I have been trying to find out how close to the last 442 this one may be. It's going to only make a difference to how I restore it, if it's very close to the last or is the last one, I have to keep it original, if not, It will be black like the one I had. I have been checking VIN #'s on every one I see for sale, or listed online, so far I found one for sale with a lot of documentation, Dealer invoice, shows it was shipped on March 30th 1987, and it was made 24 cars in front of mine by the VIN. I have not found any VIN's with a later number than mine so far. My last 4 of the VIN are xxx1865. If anyone can check your VIN's (87 442's) see if you have one with a close or higher # please let me know especially if you have a lot of original documentation. I have the original window sticker for my car, but don't know if there is anything on it that would give me any details about when it was made.

Mark

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
I had one here last 6 of vin was 317142 that was totaled in a accident. My new one i just bought is 328121

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Reading it right from my title 328121 will look on door to see if i can read production date

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Do you have any date on when it was produced? If you did turn a number around, your was only made 44 cars in front of mine, and the one that I see local to me (Cleveland Ohio area) for sale his VIN is 321841 20 behind yours. Then yours is way newer than mine. Wish I had kept the VIN off my original 442. But I didn't.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Sticker is so faded i cant see anything on it. Checked vin on car it is 328121

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor