quarter window louvers

Status
Not open for further replies.

H/O442GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2014
I am looking for quarter window louvers for my 1986 olds 442. Does anyone know where I can get some? I have looked all over and cant seem to find anyone who makes them. It would be greatly appreciated if you know of someone that makes them to post their website or contact information.
Thank You in advance for your help.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Never seen quarter window louvers on any car, are you referring to something else perhaps?
I've seen aftermarket rear window louvers for a G-body Cutlass, they came with a mullet too :lol:

Attachments

• 100_1406.jpg
    100_1406.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 2,764

H/O442GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2014
Ya I know about the rear window ones. but I was looking for ones like this

Attachments

• 1998-2009-ford-ranger-window-louver-ventshade[1].jpg
    1998-2009-ford-ranger-window-louver-ventshade[1].jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 718

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I realize that this is a matter of personal preference, but IMHO the car would look better without that type of accessory on it. Besides, since the quarter glass is fitted flush into the roof pillar, anything that would go over the window would end up sticking out from the side of the car. It would also reduce the visibility in an area where the visibility is not the greatest to begin with. Just my $0.02 though.

Nov 4, 2012
Let me say, I would not like louvers on quarter windows. However, maybe it's just my inner 80s coming out, but I LOVE that rear window louver on that cutlass.

H/O442GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2014
Thank you everyone that contributed to this discussion! After some hard looking at it and taking into consideration your comments I believe it would look a little weird and possibly make it harder to see. I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen them on one of these cars or if they had a picture so I could see what it looked like for real. once again thanks for all of your help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor