Different Color Combinations for H/Os and 442s

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBlack_HFC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I was wondering how anyone else felt about going with different color combinations on H/Os or 442s. I've seen a few here and there but it's starting to get around that time where I should prepare for paint so I've been throwing the idea around for a while. My car was originally two tone silver with the lighter shade up top. I've been thinking about going with a black and white combo with a red stripe. Kind of like a H/O but with white instead of grey. I don't want it to blatantly look like a H/O ripoff or take away from the fact thta it's a 442. What do you guys think about it?

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I would say keep your paint job original being you have a 442. I'm a fan of the two tone grey and darker grey paint scheme. But that's just me. But ultimately it's whatever you would be most satisfied with. You are the one that has to drive it around every day.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
I'm not a big fan of the two tone silver 442's either. I think black and white may be a little drastic. You may want to think about charcoal on the bottom and a dark silver on top.It will look almost stock but should be enough of a change to separate you from the stock 442"s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor