Olds 350 Oil pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
Trying to find a chrome oil pan for an Olds 350. What is the best brand to go with?

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
I found the quality between Moroso and a few others about the same. stay away from anything not made in the USA.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Be prepared for leaks as well unless you sand the sealing surface of the pan.

I also don't believe Moroso or Milodon make a chrome pan for the Olds so you'll likely be buying off-shore stuff anyway.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Why does it need to be chrome? I agree with these guys. The oil pan is something you really shouldnt cheap out on. Get a good Moroso or Milodon and save yourself the headache of trying to get a cheap, thin pan to seal. Chrome wont look good covered in oil :wink:

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
If you need chrome, have the stock pan chromed.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I would suggest keeping your stock pan. After doing a few Olds installations, the pans always had the paint scratched through. I would protect a chrome pan with a covering during install.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Unless it's a limited use "show car", I wouldn't even chrome a stock pan. Remember, chrome holds heat in. Do you want your oil to start cooking in a chrome pot?

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I have a Milodon oil pan on my small block Olds, it's anodized gold and looks great with the gold block and heads. It's a stock replacement, but I think they make a deep sump if you need more oil capacity.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
Stick with a milodon or moroso, or you can have the stock pan lengthened in the sump area for more oil. Chrome holds in heat (not that it would matter that much), scratches easily (ever driven down a stone road?), and if you buy a cheap one (most are foreign pieces of crap) the chrome starts pealing after the first winter (oh yea ever driven in salt and snow?). Just my opinion but a waste of money unless your building an all out trailer queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor