Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Ouch! That is rough.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Couldn't have gotten $500 out of it in '97 with the rear in it. At least some of the interior could have been salvaged back then. Perfect car for the scrap yard even if it is a 442. Not a straight piece of sheet metal on it.

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
oh, come on. That left front fender MIGHT straighten out. It doesn't look creased, anyway. But that is a lot of money for a fender. :blam:

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"reserve not met".... :rofl: .You know, I once bought a wrecked '78 El Camino. No motor or trans or seat and kinda picked over for $200. Why? I needed the VIN tag so I could make my '81 Malibu become a '78. Why? NY had just made all '81 and up cars go through the IM240 on-the-rollers emissions test. I had a Pontiac 350 in it that passed the tailpipe sniffer better than the original 229, but was hopeless to pass the IM240, so I swapped VIN plates and junked the El Camino as an '81 and the now '78 wagon was exempt. The dash pad hides the VIN tag rivets nicely and no one ever questioned the year. It stayed like that for over 10 years until I junked the wagon. Not saying I was above the law, but I never intended to sell it , it was just an easy way out and made sense at the time. So someone may want that wrecked 442 for whatever reason. I just hope this guy is not hoping to sell this pile of junk just for the VIN, as we all know that somewhere a 442 clone is needing a VIN tag to be legitimized and a sucker will be born.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
:shock: What a pile o' sh*t. Maybe the VIN tag and title is what's really being offered here. Parts wise it's all nickel and dime stuff.
Maybe...and a big maybe...the rearend and trans might be usable if they're not bent and cracked.

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
It said NO TITLE. So it makes it difficult to scrap even in some areas if you could find some usable parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor