Custom console ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trezzy98

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2012
Do anybody have custom console's? Or Took one from another vehicle with minimum mods??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
My brother (whom builds furniture) built me a custom one out of walnut

16bk6xw.jpg

122yt21.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Peter,
That console is a work of art. Very nice piece of furniture. :) ...and it looks like a piece of finished furniture.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've used consoles out of a late 90's blazer, and also out of a 2004 GP. both fit well, and were easy to install. The Blazer worked well when I still used the column shifter. They also make a floor shifter version. The GP came with the GP shifter, and it hooked up well to my 200-4r.
Blazer version
P1010002.jpg

GP Version
CIMG3142.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
88hurstolds said:
Dam, you should have him make dash and door inserts to match!
Very cool 8)

Who knows, maybe that will come someday :lol:

That match is pretty damn close now but there is nothing like the real thing obviously

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
jking78 said:
Did you use any special brackets for the 04 gp

The shifter mounts to a piece of sheetmetal, which then bolts to the stock console mounts. The console mounts to the shifter in front. At the rear of the console, I made a "U" shaped bracket that fits over the tunnel, and attaches to the tunnel on each side. I tack welded it, but it could be screwed/bolted/riveted. The rear of the console ataches to this bracket. Overall, very easy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor