Olds 307 Misfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
I recently put in a 307 out of a 84 442, has a reconditioned set of 7A heads, non CCC carburator and vacuum advance distributor.
It has a mean misfire when I give it gas. Getting stressed out with this car, could use some input.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
An 84 442? Hmmm....

A missfire can be caused by various things. When was the last time this engine had a tune up? Are you sure the carb is right ( jetting and such ) for your engine? Is your timing set properly? Check the plugs, wires, and cap/rotor. If everything electrical checks out, you may want to do a compression or leak down test on the engine.

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
well like i said the heads are like new and the block was actually manufactured in 1994 so internally it should be top notch. The carb and distributor worked great on my 350 so i knew there in good shape as well. Plugs could probably use a change but they dont look bad enough to cause such a shitty misfire.
I set it TDC and advanced it 10 degrees. If i were to install the distributor 180 degrees off when it was on the exhaust stroke instead of compression stroke would it even be able to start and drive? I had a friend feel for the compression stroke, possible he was just feeling some air from the piston moving and mistook it?

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 560
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,582
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor