84 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuttyRob

n00b
Mar 4, 2014
Well i just bought me a 84 Cutlass about a week ago and first time driving it at night was today while driving down the road my lights would get brighter at times but never turned off also is it common for the dash gauges to go out on these G body's? i believe the only gauge that works is my Gas gauge if anyone has any insight it would be helpful also this is my first G body so still trying to get used to it

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
It sounds to me like you may have a ground issue. I had a body ground to the Core Support break and give me symptoms very similar to that. The head lights would dim then get bright.

CuttyRob

n00b
Mar 4, 2014
Thanks man i really appreciate it and will take a look at it tomorrow morning no garage to work on my car also is it real common for the Dash gauges to go out on G bodys i am having that issue as well im sure the only gauge that works is the Gas havent really got the chance to actually do some work on it other than just tune up stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor