need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

88 olds cutty 402

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2013
Omaha,NE.
How do I remove my door lock actuators and power window motors in my 1988 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme or is there a way I can test them because neither of them work I bought new switches and that wasn't it could really use the help thanks
Alfredo :D

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
First thing to do is check all the fuses, if none are blown, check for power at the switches, if the power is at the switch then check for power to the actuators/motors with the switch depressed. After checking and repairing anything that you find wrong then you can pull the door panels and get the motors/ actuators out. They are riveteted in usually and you will have to drill or cut the rivets to get them out. Be sure to support the window glass before removing the motor/ regulator or it will fall and likely break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor