Non CCC carb with CCC Distibutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Its an 85 307 from a 442, Is it do-able? I have a vacuum advance distributor now but i cant get it to run right. The engine should be fine. The block in in great shape and the heads were just remanufactured so im sure it a timing issue. Thinkin maybe the problem is with the distributor? I barrowed it from my 72 olds 350. Just curious if it would work with non CCC carb.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
ChevyHeaven said:
Its an 85 307 from a 442, Is it do-able? I have a vacuum advance distributor now but i cant get it to run right. The engine should be fine. The block in in great shape and the heads were just remanufactured so im sure it a timing issue. Thinkin maybe the problem is with the distributor? I barrowed it from my 72 olds 350. Just curious if it would work with non CCC carb.
My question is? If the 307 is out of an '85 442 (which is the car I own) how are you using a vacuum advance distributor? Did you change the carburetor also?

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Yes it's out of an 85 442 and right now I'm not using anything because I'm having trouble setting the timing.
But yes, I have a vacuum advance distributor and non CCC carburetor. Just sounds like it has a mean misfire?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 407

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The CCC is a all or nothing system. The CCC distibutor will not advance without the CCC carb in place. Converting a car to non CCC opens up a can of worms, it doesn't solve problems.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I like the advice above that said be sure two plug wires arent crossed.

Also Be sure your distributor is not installed 180degrees off. IE TDC on the exhaust stroke.

Non CCC carb will run with a CCC distributor, but like mentioned above, the electronic timing advance will be lost.

Stick with your non CCC carb and the vacuum advance distributor. Get it to TDC compression stroke, and set timing from there. When settinginitial timing, dont forget to disconnect and plug the vacuum line for the vacuum advance.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
What problems are you having setting the timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor