Trying to locate my 82 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
So, my 1982 Cutlass Calais was stolen in April 1987. It was in great shape and only had ~45k miles on it. A couple weeks later it was recovered and subsequently declared a total loss by the insurance company. But it wasn't that bad. I mean they broke the steering column and stole the t-tops, wheels, battery, stereo, hacked out the trunk lock and emptied it out. Then the towing company dragged on its rotors onto a flatbed. Is there any chance it's back on the road? Is there any way to search for it? I still have the VIN.

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
I did a car history but the report didn't have any info except what you get from the VIN. I guess it was scrapped in '87...

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Here is a picture in case anyone sees it or one like it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 343

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
I've seen plenty of Cutlasses similar to that.

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Dburger said:
I've seen plenty of Cutlasses similar to that.

Can you let me know if you see one for sale? All i keep seeing are 442s that are pretty badly beat up or really really nice ones that are $18K.
I'd like to get a decent Calais with factory t-tops (Charcoal Gray Metallic with light gray interior would be ideal). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor