442 Decal Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
On the 1985s, is the 442 decal on the trunk supposed to be on the left or right side of the trunk lid?
Is it OldsmobIle letters on left and 442 decal on right?

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Right side

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Dug up an old Oldspower post for the Oldsmobile emblem placement. There's approx. 3'16" - 1/4" space above the top of the "d", "b" and "L" for the bottom of the 442 decal and the decal is centered over the "oldsmobile".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: Measurements taken off a factory installed trunk emblem on my 85 442. If you have a the chrome strip, which the 442 does not have any chrome strip, you may need to adjust the height measurements accordingly.

To bottom of black on emblem to the lower trunklid edge- 1 -5/8". (I'm only guessing, but if you added something like 1/16" to account for the chrome strip it may be ok for non-442s)

From the RH edge of the trunklid to the rightmost black edge on the "e" in Oldsmobile is 11/16" from the edge.

Hope this helps.

ATM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks! I was looking at a car that had both on the left side. Didn't seem right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor