Rear brake help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
So I pulled out my rear end and rebuilt it. And my dumb *ss bit threw out a part that I needed and cant buy or at least I dont know where to by it from. So here is my question where can I get this part. Its the lil bar like spring thing that goes from the parking brake hook. to that lil post that sticks out above the brake cylinder it wraps around that and the spring grabs it. I cant find it no where. Please help lol
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394904627432.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394904627432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394904627432.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 376

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
onebadasscutlass said:
So I pulled out my rear end and rebuilt it. And my dumb *ss bit threw out a part that I needed and cant buy or at least I dont know where to by it from. So here is my question where can I get this part. Its the lil bar like spring thing that goes from the parking brake hook. to that lil post that sticks out above the brake cylinder it wraps around that and the spring grabs it. I cant find it no where. Please help lol
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394904627432.jpg[/attachment]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/220966799516?lpid=82

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always buy new adjuster kits from the local autoparts store that look like the Ebay listing above, since typically the adjusters become corroded and hard to turn anyways, it is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to have all new parts and saves time and the hassle of fighting with the old stuff.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
1959 Well that work cause it said its for a impaled.
Salon I was not around any junk yards today. I might try the 3 thats around the block for work.
565 Its not the adjuster. That just the pic before I ripped it apart.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
onebadasscutlass said:
1959 Well that work cause it said its for a impaled.
Salon I was not around any junk yards today. I might try the 3 thats around the block for work.
565 Its not the adjuster. That just the pic before I ripped it apart.

Yes, I am aware the adjuster is not the part you were referring to but the adjuster kits I have bought include all the parts including the piece you are inquiring about and since you would have to buy the kit to get that part (I have never seen them sold separately) I said it is a nice upgrade since most of the adjusters, springs etc are usually in rough shape especially here in MI. and all the components in the kits are plated so next time pad replacement etc will go a little smoother.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Any parts store should have self adjuster kits. You should be able to get one just about anywhere. Those parts fit just about every GM rear wheel drive car from the 60's up to the 2000's, S-10 trucks use the same parts.
I got the ones for my 78 El Camino from www.rockauto.com BENDIX Part # H2533DP $6 or $7 bucks.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
565 thanks you. I didn't think about that being in that kit. I found it now. I went to the part store this morning and me and the guy looked threw all the selections and i didn't think about the adjuster kit. You save me from a big headache.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
onebadasscutlass said:
565 thanks you. I didn't think about that being in that kit. I found it now. I went to the part store this morning and me and the guy looked threw all the selections and i didn't think about the adjuster kit. You save me from a big headache.

No problem, but in all fairness tc1959 posted the Ebay listing before my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor