Heavy Duty Cutlass Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
Can anyone help me out with information on springs? My Cutlass came with the F41 Suspension. I always thought that option included heavy duty springs, a larger front sway bar and a rear sway bar. I am going to replace and upgrade the shock absorbers and was considering replacing the springs as well. I can find standard springs and variable rate springs, but nothing is listed as heavy duty.

Any help will be appreciated.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
The spring codes are listed on the RPO tad on the deck lid.
I think they should start with a number and follow with two letters.
My '85 442 says 6NY, 7YK (fronts), 8PZ and 9PZ for the rears, they vary from car to car because GM trimmed each front spring to better accommodate weight transfer.
Moog 5608 is a direct replacement for F41 springs in the front which are rated at 420 in/lbs.
Moog 5391 is a direct replacement for F41 in the rear which are rated at 142 in/lbs
Some recommend 5610 front (stiffer) and 5375 rear which are softer, there are many different combos, do an internet search if you plan on drifting from stock to see what works for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor