newbie with help questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmaniac

n00b
Mar 6, 2014
without getting into unnecessary details I purchased a 78 cutlass supreme which has been modified to run in a pure stock dirt car class over the winter I removed all parts and am upgrading and had a few question I hope can be answered in this forum if not maybe direct me to the correct one..
1st question i was looking for a Monte SS stabilizer bar but thought i read that an 82-92 camaro/firebird 34mm or 36mm could bolt in is this true?
2nd do they make repop 1/4 skins for this car
3rd the car came with an aluminum hood which is perfect except for the hood pin holes is this something that should be saved valuable? don't want to ruin if so
I appreciate any help I am from northern Minnesota and I understand that this forum maybe sacred to the preservation but any help or direction to parts or interchangeable vehicles that I could source would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

tazmaniac

n00b
Mar 6, 2014
No I am going to keep it as is..but was just wondering if the sway bar was interchangeable along with the other questions

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
tazmaniac said:
without getting into unnecessary details I purchased a 78 cutlass supreme which has been modified to run in a pure stock dirt car class over the winter I removed all parts and am upgrading and had a few question I hope can be answered in this forum if not maybe direct me to the correct one..
1st question i was looking for a Monte SS stabilizer bar but thought i read that an 82-92 camaro/firebird 34mm or 36mm could bolt in is this true?
Yes, make sure to grab the brackets.

tazmaniac said:
2nd do they make repop 1/4 skins for this car
I believe they are available, Google should tell you...

tazmaniac said:
3rd the car came with an aluminum hood which is perfect except for the hood pin holes is this something that should be saved valuable? don't want to ruin if so
I appreciate any help I am from northern Minnesota and I understand that this forum maybe sacred to the preservation but any help or direction to parts or interchangeable vehicles that I could source would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Well the 78-80 AL hoods are more common, sounds like it's already farked since it has holes in it and Aluminum is not easy to patch/weld.
I would still set aside if you plan to be bumping people while racing... fiberglass is available.
If you decide to get rid of it I need the hinges :D

tazmaniac

n00b
Mar 6, 2014
Thanks 88
As far as the brackets I will try but around here if I find one most likely without brackets..but good point
I have Googled and nothing...what will interchange with that vintage cutlass??
And the car had no hinges but if they did they would be yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor