Rally gage pack restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
How do I disconnect speedo cable from the back of gage to get whole gage pack out?

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
If you have cruise control, the easiest way is to disconnect the speedo cable from the transducer located on the inner fender wheel well.
The gauges will pull out a lot farther. You'll see a small clip on the end of the cable at the back of the gauges. Press that in and the cable should release.
If you don't have cruise, you may be able to reach in far enough to reach the clip.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for the response, i just disconnected at trans n it gave me all the room in the world...now trying to figure out how to release connectors that headlight n dimmer go into. They seam to have dual clips into dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor