Single inlet/Dual Outlet Muffler? Where can you find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qecummings

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2014
I want to preferrably put a stock style single inlet/dual outlet muffler on my 79 Hurst Olds but I can't find this muffler anywhere. The closest I came was one from a F-Body from the same year range but it wasnt the right size or configuation I needed. I know the Walker part number is 22143 and the IMCO/OR?Maremount number is OR2595, but I've had no luck finding them. Does anyone have an idea of where I can find these mufflers, or even a NOS GM muffler? If not, I don't mind going with a more agressive muffler as long as it sounds good and allows me to mount it in the stock location and use the factory style tailpipes I have.....does anyone know of an aftermarket performance muffler that would fit like stock?

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Re: Single inlet/Dual Outlet Muffler? Where can you find one

I have one of these that I never mounted because I went with true duals. Still in the box it came from. The one I have is a crossflow reversible hi-performance muffler meaning you can mount it and even place the inlet and outlets anyway you wish. Should also have a deeper throatier sound than a stock. Most of the Camaro style mufflers have the inlet on the right side of the muffler while the G bodies had the inlet enter on the left side of the car. The one I have is correct for a gbody and you can still tinker with its position without any trouble. If your interested send me a pm and I can send you more info and pics of it. I can let it go for $65 plus the shipping.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Re: Single inlet/Dual Outlet Muffler? Where can you find one

I have this on my car and it came with my flowmaster kit. You should try calling them and see where it goes, although it's possible the vendor supplied the y pipe from a different source...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor