Hang on to your back glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Called Safelite to get a quote for installing a new front windshield and back glass on my '87.

After a few days going back and forth they couldn't locate the back glass. Turns out it's discontinued and none of their suppliers make it. They tried calling dealerships with no luck either.

So treat your back glass like gold!

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I guess it's a good thing I have about 5 of them!! Including one without defrost......

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Well, found a place that will actually install my stock rear glass. But that said it's likely it could break being as old as it is while they install it. So here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Andrew,
What brand windshields do they use, and what are their prices like?
Good luck on your glass install.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I believe it was guardian that they use.

Cost for the front windshield installed was $245. Back glass was $150.

They were about $20 cheaper than Safelite.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone here know if the rear glass from an '81 Malibu 4 door sedan is the same as the rear glass from an '81-'88 Monte Carlo? A friend of mine told me last year that they're the same, and I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks man! My concern would be getting a quality domestic made product, not some inferior Chinese junk.
I was wondering what Safelite used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor