gm donted car

Status
Not open for further replies.

meto12

n00b
Apr 27, 2014
I have a 1983 olds cutlass supreme it has a decal on the firewall that says gm donated it for education purpose in 1984 a number s-772y is on the decal. this car was bought from a high trade school. parked under a carport in 1999. I got this car in oct. 2013, I have got this car running and drove it. the body is in great shape, and shows 34069.6 miles on it. how can I find out if this is a one of a kind car, the body looks to be a 442, with t tops, but it has a bench seat and the gear lever is on the column?

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Interesting. So you had no problem obtaining a title for that?

meto12

n00b
Apr 27, 2014
I was told that the school gave the title to the persons father that I got the car from. I know it matches up with vin on the car and the vin looks like it has never been missed with. the car is in my name. I'm hoping someone tell me how to check everything out to make sure its right

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
You should really look into that because most of those cars may not even be able to get registered. One reason is because GM never intended on that vehicle getting used for the road but also because they have been use as training aids they are deemed unsafe for road use because things may be loose or worn out and not hold together going down the road. Plus they have been worked on by students and its not like students never mess anything up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor