Another dishonest eBay seller BUYER BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
http://www.ebay.com/itm/81-88-Oldsmobil ... 1268650205

People will do anything for a buck including misleading the ignorent...
Guy sticks incorrect emblems on used tail lights and claims they're GM with a line of bull while charging $350 for faded cracked tail lights.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
compared them to the ones on my ride the emblem is really off... :shock: never thought that would be a scam!! :| thanks for the info I probably would have never found out about them being a rip....

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Yeah that emblem doesn't look like the originals at all, but like 88 said, many may over look it or not know any better.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I emailed him and this is what he said:
A friend of mine had an 87 442 that these lights came off of. He purchased the car new from a local dealer. When the original ones deteriorated and broke apart in 2 pieces, he had brought the car in for maintenance and inquired about the emblems. They told him that Oldsmobile no longer offered the defective 2 piece design, however had a custom replacement that was now a 1 piece design. Those emblems that you see were the emblems he got as a replacement. They are still in excellent shape. Thanks for the inquiry.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
New GM licensed unit available soon for new & used tail lights. 84-85 & 86-88.

Attachments

• OLDS tail light emblems.jpg
    OLDS tail light emblems.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 532
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor