NOS Burgandy Metallic 442 Stripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I am looking for an NOS burgundy metallic 442 stripe from an 86-87 442.

I have a used piece that is very small from the part that folds behind the door however I would like to get the color match down to exact.
I have gray, teal, black and white and have the correct gold metallic vinyl and all the vector files ready to produce correct stripes exact to GM Specs.
My friend has a vinyl printer and plotter/cutter but he was having problems getting everything exact, I've put the project on the back burner since then so as not to use up my material but am now ready to shop around for a graphics shop to see if they can do this for me professionally.

I want to get a burgundy one before I pursue so as to do a few runs of each color and use up the roll in one shot so as not to have to deal with this again.
It will be a very limited run with a few extra sets... not looking to turn this into a business venture.
Please let me know if anyone can help, I found a burgundy NOS door stripe 10 years ago and am now kicking myself for not buying it.

I know this is an older post, but have you gotten anywhere on this? Do you plan to have full sets available? I have a shop local to me that I was talking to about this, but you are way ahead of me on that.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Still need a burgundy metallic stripe before I can run the roll I have.
I am in no rush, it's not a business venture just trying to get EXACT/CORRECT factory stripes for concourse restorations.
Lately these aftermarket parts companies have been dropping the ball, they only have ($)($) in their sights...

So the factory printed body color over the gold vinyl? Do you think the gold could be printed now as well? That was my intention. I thought it would be difficult to get the layout down, but I guess if a guy has some NOS stripe to scan for sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor