Olds 350 swap/ want AC to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Hey guys! quick question about AC. I got a 86 cutlass supreme, that originally had the 307 non HO engine in it. I swapped it last year for a '71 Olds 350. Im not running it on the computer. Id like to know what I need to do (how to), to make my A/C work on the 350, any and all information greatly appreciated.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Short of saying "im stupid", which certainly applies to some decisions ive made in my earlier days. I am not electrically-inclined, but have been known to replace a light switch or outlet in my house. Can you put in lamens terms what im doing to make this work? Am I simply cutting two wires, removing a (relay) and splicing them back together? and all will work?

again..........sorry for asking!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yeah, basically you're just splicing 2 wires together. I don't have my service manual handy so I don't know which wires exactly, but if nobody gets you the info I can try to dig out my manual and see.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
DoubleV said:
Yeah, basically you're just splicing 2 wires together. I don't have my service manual handy so I don't know which wires exactly, but if nobody gets you the info I can try to dig out my manual and see.

this is the pic that I was referred to and is posted on gbodyolds.com

I just wanna make sure if I do this, that clearly im doing it correctly. I don't have a close up REAL pic of the top of the compressor where these wires are located, so only having this schematic right now is what im going by, (and as stated above, I really don't understand electrical symbols or electricity - in general) so being BLUNT about my ignorance...............is where im basically asking the paint by numbers questions on this issue.

thanks

http://www.gbodyolds.com/forum/attachme ... 1367514343

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Link don't work.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
DoubleV said:
Link don't work.

I cant seem to open the actual pic ON the site either.

Im a member of that website and I can and sometimes can not log in. Is anybody aware if this website is in functioning order? Can anybody else (whos a member) log in? and see the thread attached to my last post?

very odd!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
A quick look in my manual ( which is for 85 model years so.... ) shows that if you splice together the light green/black tracer wire from the compressor to the light green wire that goes to pin B on the AC relay, that should work.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
DoubleV said:
A quick look in my manual ( which is for 85 model years so.... ) shows that if you splice together the light green/black tracer wire from the compressor to the light green wire that goes to pin B on the AC relay, that should work.

Dude! thanks for all your help with this!

Can you post a pic of that schematic? What I guess I don't understand, (again- my NOT understanding of electrical in general) is, as I recall there is only one plug on the wiring harness that plugs directly into the plug port on the compressor, right? But, simply put, im LOST! terminology is my hang up! sorry!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
MrLightning said:
Dude! thanks for all your help with this!

Don't thank me yet. I don't know if that's 100% correct. Give it try and see without hacking up your wiring. I'll have to look over it some more.

Can you post a pic of that schematic?

I would if I could but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor