Air injection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
I have been working on my engine and at some point in time I lost a part. The part I lost is the part of the air injection pipe that sits in the holes in the head. I only lost one. I was wondering if anyone has the correct name for that part, or maybe a part number, or maybe even that part sitting around?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I thought it was called the 'air injector manifold' or something like that. Aftermarket ones are available at any auto parts store.

P.S. For the love of all that is good and pure, just leave that A.I.R. system junk off your engine! Best think I ever done when my car was bone stock was to get that garbage off my engine!

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
I got the manifold part. There are small 1 to 1 1/2 inch pipes in the head that it mates to. Thats what im after. I should have been a bit more clear haha.

Im doing a stock build. It would take from the originality if i took it off, plus it functions fine.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It's called an AIR Pump Check Valve. O'reilly's or Autozone should have them.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
I am after whats in the picture.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401383732878.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401383732878.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 342

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
The service manual refers to them as 'air pipe extensions'. I'm pretty sure those are GM/Olds specific parts and not available aftermarket. Those stupid little things are what protrude into the exhaust port and hamper flow. Stock resto or not, leave them out. It will be our little secret. No reason to choke down an already choked engine any more than neccesary and you would still have everything look stock on the outside.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
ERIC87442 said:
So it shouldnt leak or anything without them?

Can't see how they would. If by some freak thing they do though, then just slap em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor