Cutlass console with Hurst Pro-Matic 2 Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
I had put a pro-matic 2 shifter in my car when I got it, and when i bought the shifter it came with a B&M top plate. Well, the B&M plate on the shifter was bugging me so I decided to do something about it. I was going to make a plate out of some 14 guage steel I had, and just cut a slot in it for the shifter and moving parts to clear. Then i started to look through my console parts and I had 2 top shift indicator plates so I decided to modify one, and file fit it so it would clear all the linkages.

so i went from this:

to this:

now I just have to get a better shift knob... Thinking of getting a His and Hers Shift knob like this:
$T2eC16V,!)EE9s2ugjjVBR-s3DhcNg~~60_57.JPG

it kind of is the same shift pattern the Pro Matic 2 runs on...

Attachments

• 007 (2).JPG
    007 (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,305
  • new shift.jpg
    new shift.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 1,970
  • new shift1.jpg
    new shift1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,794
  • new shift2.jpg
    new shift2.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • new shift3.jpg
    new shift3.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 988
Reactions: 1 user

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
williamattop said:
That came out nice. Looks a lot better IMO.

Yeah I think it look way better as well. I'm kind of over my "big flashy look at my aftermarket parts that stand out" phase in life :) If I had raised my console 1/2" I would not have had to modify the plate at all... Come to think of it, once I get my carpet in, I should have no clearance issues... Maybe I should save the other shifter plate I have and keep it intact...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor