W-25 bolt on scoops, for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my scoops in color. I painted them black to set them on a friend's car. In these pics, they are just taped on with a couple spots of two way tape to hold them in place. The finished ones will have threaded studs of some sort to hold them on.
I found a guy local to me that can manufacture them for me, he says they will be a very high quality part. Does anyone think they would sell? Anyone interested? I am anticipating a price around $350- $375 for the set in a sandable gelcoat. I have to iron out the mounting yet.
Feel free to give me your opinions.

W-30scoopsBriscar003_zps6bbe1ff9.jpg

W-30scoopsBriscar002_zpse2066639.jpg

W-30scoopsBriscar010_zps92fdc002.jpg

W-30scoopsBriscar039_zpse15364a3.jpg

W-30scoopsBriscar041_zps38bb9a5d.jpg

[imghttp://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy263/framedoctor/W-30scoopsBriscar010_zps92fdc002.jpg][/img]

W-30scoopsBriscar033_zps76905bb7.jpg

W-30scoopsBriscar032_zps444524da.jpg

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Re: W-30 bolt on scoops, for sale?

They're not my cup of tea but I don't see any reason why those who like that style of hood wouldn't be interested. Personally I think they would look nicer with a more gradual taper on the ends.

How are these going to work as far as being functional and routing the cold air to the aircleaner?

DoubleV said:
They're not my cup of tea but I don't see any reason why those who like that style of hood wouldn't be interested. Personally I think they would look nicer with a more gradual taper on the ends.

How are these going to work as far as being functional and routing the cold air to the aircleaner?
I see what you mean on the taper, I made these without the fenders near and tried to keep the corners crisp like the hood.
I plan to make my scoops functional, but I have a brand-x engine and my intake is up front. :oops: So I will make a small airbox that holds a tray filter like the car it came from has.
A guy could open the hood up at the rear to allow air to enter near an original air cleaner, I think

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013

DoubleV said:

I love the one you have on yours, wish I could afford one i think they are just plain BAD *ss :wink: , Can you post up some pics of it and some of your clean ride thanks

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio

Those look very good in my opinion, id like to see the overall finished product with your stated air filter box and all on a hood that's been made functional. keep us updated.

skryla

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2012

You'd never get rich but I think you could have a steady small customer base.

skryla said:
You'd never get rich but I think you could have a steady small customer base.
Trust me, I didn't quit my job. :D I just want to recover my investment in having the molds made if I go through with this.
There isn't much traffic here, I am trying to think of somewhere else to show them to generate some interest. Ideas anyone?

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN

They look well done and match the styling of the car nicely in my opinion. Unfortunately my weezer VIN A engine doesn't justify W-30 scoops. :?

:bump:

Anyone else like, or not like them?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

xitabl442 said:
Anyone else like, or not like them?

I like it and I don't, something seems missing in the design, I can't place my finger on it... maybe it's the taper or they're not wide enough but I like the fact that it has the '80's styling's of a 70's W-25 hood and they have the bolt on look like the W-40 hood scoop/bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor