Can someone help me? Hurst Hatch T-tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

loricm76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2014
Georgia
I need to know what year and make and model these Hurst Hatch T-tops go to. Let me say first off I am a female and I don't know very much about cars. My dad was the big Oldsmobile fan. He bought a 1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme 442 with a 307 V8 engine brand new in 1987. He paid around 17,000 dollars for it after all the add ons. It had T-tops too. He loved that car and treated it so well. Now the sad part. About 10 years ago, it was stolen from my Step moms work! The police recovered it before the thieves could completely strip it naked. I'll include a pic of the car brand new and what it looks like now. My dad really wanted to restore it. He had bought small bits and pieces here and there bit never had the chance to fix it back. It was really too messed up for him. My dad passed away in March of 2013 and I inherited all his cars and personal things including the very sad 442 that he has kept in his garage since the police brought it all back to him. I'm definitely not into fixing cars up and my husband is into fixing Triumph motorcycles so I just sold the body to a nice Olds enthusiast like most of you are. He is putting a much stronger powered engine in it since it has the 8.5 rear end. (I hope I said that right!) and then I have a guy in Kentucky that is buying the engine, transmission, exhaust and the trailer hitch on the rear end. He has paid me 100 dollars through my Paypal so far and his coming in July to pick it all up. So I have the T tops at my house in my garage. They are in the nice bags they come with. They were not on the car but have been in my dad's basement. I just figured he just wanted to store them there. So now I'm trying to find someone who needs T tops for an 87 cutlass 442. I sent a picture of them to the guy in Kentucky who is buying the engine and stuff. He said they don't look like they would fit a 87 cutlass 442. And on the glass it says Hurst Hatch. He had me measure them and he said he thinks they are from a 76 cutlass or a 77 Grand Prix. I'll read what he said to make sure. I'm going to show pictures of the T tops I have and a picture of the cutlass when it was new so you can see if it's the same ones. Any advice would be great! Thanks!!
adu2a9e8.jpg
y5udaqem.jpg
9u9y2u7e.jpg
yje2uger.jpg
tehy7adu.jpg
regymany.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loricm76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2014
Georgia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 606
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 626
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 611
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 627

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Too bad the 87 was stripped. Looks like it was a nice car. It would appear the the thieves were not too bright. They left the 8.5 rear end and KZ trans in the car but took the hood and fenders?
The Hurst hatch your showing is definitely NOT for a G body. It looks to me like they are for a mid 70's model H/O. Tough to find so don't give them away.

loricm76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2014
Georgia
Anubis said:
Too bad the 87 was stripped. Looks like it was a nice car. It would appear the the thieves were not too bright. They left the 8.5 rear end and KZ trans in the car but took the hood and fenders?
The Hurst hatch your showing is definitely NOT for a G body. It looks to me like they are for a mid 70's model H/O. Tough to find so don't give them away.
Thanks Anubis. How can I find out exactly what these T tops go to. I don't have any need for them now that I sold the 442 body. I don't even know how much to ask for them.

loricm76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2014
Georgia
loricm76 said:
Anubis said:
Thanks Anubis. How can I find out exactly what these T tops go to. I don't have any need for them now that I sold the 442 body. I don't even know how much to ask for them.
Oh and Anubis I think the police caught the thieves before they could get the rear end off the car and take the engine and transmission away from where ever the car was at. They did take the engine and transmission out of the car though. But just hadn't taken it away. They stripped almost the entire interior too.

loricm76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2014
Georgia
88hurstolds no I didn't give the engine and transmission away. He is paying me a total of 800 for both plus the exhaust and a very good condition snorkel air cleaner. And the trailer hitch on the rear end. He just paid me 100$ to hold it. Is 800$ about right for all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor