Headers for Cutlass with 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
Shorty heads will always fit and fit better then a long tube. Long tube can have fitment issues but will allow the engine to make more power.

Shorty for torque/daily driving. Long tube for the track. What do you want to do with the car?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
This question is asked here seemingly every week....

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Skitter302 said:
Shorty heads will always fit and fit better then a long tube.

My Sandersuck shorties didn't fit my car and my American Racing long tube headers fit like a glove.

I have heard those shorties linked to above do not fit a g-body well due to being too close to the steering shaft on the drivers side. The only other shorty left is the Sandersuck and they.... well.... suck.

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
DoubleV said:
... and my American Racing long tube headers fit like a glove.

The only other shorty left is the Sandersuck and they.... well.... suck.

You got a part number for those American Racing Long Tubes?

itis34

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2013
NW Ohio
I have the Hedman 58078 headers on my Cutlass. 58078 is the ceramic coated version of the long tube header that you have the link for. I also put a Summit brand mini starter on it as well. The instructions say to use the original starter, but I had to dimple a tube to get the mini starter on it. I looked at re-using the original starter, but I think it would have required more modifications. Installation took a little bit of time, but I am happy with them. Much happier than the Flowtech headers that I put on it the first time. The Flowtechs fit well, but the flanges were very thin and warped easily. I always had exhaust leaks with the Flowtechs

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Skitter302 said:
DoubleV said:
... and my American Racing long tube headers fit like a glove.

The only other shorty left is the Sandersuck and they.... well.... suck.

You got a part number for those American Racing Long Tubes?

I don't have the part number. Just Google it.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
IMO, don't waste your time with headers on a daily driver at your power level ( I assume your 350 is very mild ). They are not the big boost of power many claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor